No there is not but you can expect that your conductor will need to listen to you sing a few notes here and there along with “Happy Birthday” in order to work out where in the choir your voice is best suited. (Relax! It’s easy peasy…. and nothing to fear…)
It is not necessary to be able to read music but we do however encourage everyone to learn. You will be provided access to mp3 learning tracks and sheet music that will help support you in learning your singing part.
You most certainly can. Please fill in the online registration form anyway as this will alert us to you coming.
Newcomers to the choir who join at the start of the term are required to pay the standard term fee of $200 + a once off registration fee of $20 = $220
If you choose to not join the choir after the trial session then no charge will be incurred to you. Thank you for trying us out in this case! However if you decide this is the place for you then you will be charged from the first session you turned up to.
You can join our choirs in weeks 1-3 of each term. Please contact the office at email@example.com to arrange how much your fees will be.
Well…. Apart from needing to be female and over 18????….. the only requirements of you are:
* a love of singing
* a willingness to embrace learning your music and downloading the practice recording tracks
* a commitment to attend as many of the rehearsals in the term that you can physically get to. We understand that things come up from time to time of course but your commitment to choir will allow you and the group to continue to grow together.
* logging into your members account and keeping abreast of rsvps required for events and new music to download.
* a love of people! You’ll meet all kinds of amazing women in the choir and we assure you that it is a very supportive environment. There is always someone to help you!
1. Resources & materials: All resources and teaching materials remain the property of Hummingsong Pty Ltd. You will not share or use these outside of choir.
2. Photography & media: Any use of photos, videos and recordings of the choir will be taken throughout the year and used as promotional material for Hummingsong PTY LTD.
3. Membership: Payment of choir fees for returning members are due 2 weeks in advance of the term ahead. (Please let us know if you have any difficulties with this in advance so we can negotiate an alternative) (Note: This is not an essential requirement for when you join for the first time).
Unfortunately we are not able to discount fees for partial attendance (unless of course for extenuating circumstances like personal or family illness, etc).
4. Resignation: In the event of resignation from the choir, two week's written notice to the Hummingsong Office is required in order to qualify for a refund for the remainder of the term.