No there is not but you can expect that your conductor will need to listen to you sing a few notes here and there along with “Happy Birthday” in order to work out where in the choir your voice is best suited. (Relax! It’s easy peasy…. and nothing to fear…)
It is not necessary to be able to read music but we do however encourage everyone to learn. You will be provided with access to mp3 learning tracks and sheet music that will help support you in learning your singing part.
Unfortunately, at the moment we’re unable to offer visits until a position becomes available for you in the choir. Please complete the online registration form to alert us of your interest. Once a place has been offered, your fees will be due 2 weeks prior to the start of term. If after the first rehearsal, you decide that the choir isn't for you, we will happily refund your full fees, as long as you let us know prior to the second rehearsal.
Our standard fee per term is $200. Newcomers to the choir will also be required to pay a one-off $20 registration fee. Fees are due 2 weeks prior to the start of term.
Well…. Apart from needing to be female and over 18????….. the only requirements of you are:
* a love of singing
* a willingness to embrace learning your music and downloading the practice recording tracks
* a commitment to attend as many of the rehearsals in the term that you can physically get to. We understand that things come up from time to time of course but your commitment to choir will allow you and the group to continue to grow together.
* logging into your members account and keeping abreast of rsvps required for events and new music to download.
* a love of people! You’ll meet all kinds of amazing women in the choir and we assure you that it is a very supportive environment. There is always someone to help you!
1. Resources & Materials: All resources and teaching materials remain the property of Hummingsong Pty Ltd. You will not share or use these outside of choir.
2. Photography & Media: Any use of photos, videos and recordings of the choir taken throughout the year may be used as promotional material for Hummingsong PTY LTD.
3. Membership: Payment of choir fees are due 2 weeks in advance of the term ahead. (Please let us know if you have any difficulties with this, in advance, so we can negotiate an alternative). Unfortunately we are not able to discount fees for partial attendance (unless of course for extenuating circumstances like personal or family illness, etc).